“Banh Xeo” with U.S. Whole Green Peas and U.S. Yellow Split Peas
- 50 g U.S. Yellow Split Peas
- 50 g U.S. Whole Green Peas
- 200 ml Fresh Coconut Milk
- 100 g “Banh Xeo” Flour Mix
- 100 g Blue Tail Greasyback Shrimps, head, tail and legs removed
- 100 g Pork belly, thinly sliced
- 100 g Beansprouts, cut 1cm
- 30 g Spring Onions, sliced
- 30 g Oil
- To Taste Ground Black Pepper
- To Taste Salt
- 150 ml Water from Young Coconuts
- 20 g Sugar
- 15 ml Vinegar
- 30 ml Fish sauce
- 15 g Garlic, chopped
- 15 g Red Bird Chili, chopped
- 50 g Pickle Juliennes (Vietnamese radish and carrot pickles)
- Clean and soak S. Yellow Split Peas and U.S. Whole Green Peas overnight.
- Drain and wash.
- Boil the U.S. Yellow Split Peas in fresh water until tender.
- Cool in the cooking liquid then drain.
- Prepare the Banh Xeo batter with the flour mix and the coconut milk and rest for 30 minutes.
- Then add the spring onion.
- Marinate pork belly with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the pork belly and greasyback shrimp quickly until cooked.
- Heat the oil in the frying pan to high temperature.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly like for a pancake.
- When the batter is half cooked, add beansprouts, S. Yellow Split Peas and U.S. Whole Green Peas, sautéed pork and shrimp on topCover and completely cook the Banh Xeo.
- Add more oil around the Banh Xeo to make it more crisp.
- Fold the Banh Xeo in half and transfer to the serving dish.
- Bring the coconut water, sugar, fish sauce and vinegar to a boil.
- Set aside to cool.
- Then add garlic, chili and pickles.
- Serve on the side.
- Arrange the Banh Xeo on the serving dish.
- Serve the vegetables: Cucumbers, lettuce and herbs in basket or other serving dish and serve on the side with the dipping sauce.